At Hello Pal, our aim is to create an easy way for you to interact with others from around the world in a joyful and fun way.
To help make the Hello Pal Community wholesome and positive for everyone, make sure that you always follow our guidelines whenever you use any Hello Pal app (Hello Pal, Travel Pal and Language Pal).
These guidelines apply to all types of content that you share through Hello Pal, Travel Pal and Language Pal. This includes, but is not limited to, your profile, chats, moments and comments.
Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members
- Abuse or encourage abuse of Reporting feature
- Initiate sexual chat or send pornographic pictures
- Post links to phishing sites, spam or advertisements
- Harass other members
- Conduct fraudulent activities (e.g., assuming another person's identity with the intention to commit crime or harm others)
- Use someone else's pictures or content without their permission in your profile or posts (e.g., photos from others' profile or posts, screenshots of others' profile or contact information, screenshots of chat conversations or someone else's posts)
Do not post any topics/replies containing the following:
- Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, warez or leaked content or anything else not safe for work
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- Abusive language, including swearing
- Drugs and alcohol
- Content that is considered violent, graphic or explicit, such as text and images about abused, harmed or dead people and animals (including text and images about self-harm)
- Sexual or pornographic content, including images that show full or partial nudity
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” topics
The "General Rules" and "Off-Limit Topics" sections above only contain a summary of our house rules. We highly encourage everyone to read the full guidelines in Section 5 of our Terms of Service ("Your conduct when using our Services").
Report Posts to Administrators
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by using the Report User button found in every chat and profile.
NOTE: The report function is strictly for reporting people who actually did something against the Hello Pal Community Guidelines. People who misuse the reporting system (e.g., falsely reporting someone) will run the risk of getting banned himself/herself.
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be banned from the Hello Pal Community. Any Administrator has the ability to ban a user for violating the rules at their discretion.
Administrators reserve the right to change/edit/delete/ban any user who – after having been reported and their accounts investigated – has been found to be inappropriate, abusive, or in violation of these rules and guidelines.
***Related: How to stay safe online
Article is closed for comments.